Please note that the Draft Local Plan consultation has now closed.
The Council is very grateful for all of the responses received to the consultation, and will now be processing and analysing all of the responses received, before finalising the Plan. The website will be updated throughout and you will receive updates via the ‘register for updates’ at key points in the process.
Preview of questions
There were nine questions you could respond to:
- Do you agree with the overall vision that the Draft Local Plan sets out for Epping Forest District? (See paragraph 3.26, Chapter 3).
- Do you agree with our approach to the distribution of new housing across Epping Forest District? (See Draft Policy SP 2, Chapter 3).
- Do you agree with the proposals for development around Harlow? (See Draft Policy SP 3, Chapter 3).
- For the two town centres and four district centres in the District the Draft Local Plan sets out a proposed primary shopping area which is intended to protect and encourage retail uses (See Draft Policy E 2 and Section 5 – Places). Do you agree with the proposed shopping areas?
- Do you agree with the proposals for new employment development? (See Draft Policy E 1, Chapter 4).
- Do you agree with the proposed sites in your area? (See Chapter 5) Do not feel that you have to comment on all of the areas.
- Do you agree with the approach to infrastructure provision being proposed in the plan? (See Chapter 6).
- An Interim Sustainability Appraisal has been commissioned to support the Draft Local Plan. We would welcome any comments you may have on this. (See Technical Document page).
- Do you wish to comment on any other policies in the Draft Local Plan?